Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Hobbit

Image result for the hobbit book cover Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely traveling any farther than his pantry or cellar. But his contentment is disturbed wen the wizard Gandalf and a company of dwarves arrive on his doorstep one day to whisk him away on an adventure. They have launched a plot to raid the treasure hoard of Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon. Bilbo reluctantly joins their quest, unaware that on his journey to the Lonely Mountain he will encounter both a magic ring and a frightening creature known as Gollum.



Related image








Once again..........

Everything! I don't know if it was from watching the movie, or from reading the book, but for some reason, I think Bilbo is soooooooooooooo cute! Not like handsome-cute, but just funny- cute! Who agrees?

Once again, the plot is magnificent, the writing clear and expressive, the characters perfectly described, all the events fit together, I could ramble for days! 

I have been reading The Hobbit to my siblings lately, and I love it! One of my favorite things to do with my siblings is read aloud to them--as long as it's not one of MY books, because, ya know, that's just awkward (have you ever been in that situation? ...comment below). But I really enjoy it, and apparently they do too. I love giving the dwarves accents, and making Bilbo sound flustered, and doing voice fluctuations--it's just awesome. Do you like reading aloud?




*sniff*........
That.............certain people.........*sniff*............you know............... like, the coolest people IMHO............
*sniff*.....................
DIED!?!?!?!?!?!?!  And all those Elves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY KINSMEN
(that's a joke)

But really.........
If you ever watch the movies you might just cry your eyes out. I remember thinking, both when I finished the book and when we watched the movies, that.................you know, there really is no "happy ending" to The Hobbit. I mean, does anyone relate? Seriously, the only good thing that happens is that Bilbo gets to go home--and that they whup the bad guys. Think about it! *name*, *name*, and *name* all die, so do TONS of Elves and other dwarves, and I guess you've already reached the correct conclusion that The Hobbit struck me as kinda sad.

TELL ME THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ehhh, just the usual. Battles and stuff. References to people getting killed, nothing serious. But if we're talking the movie? Shoot, y'all. And you wonder why The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies is rated R. (!!!) By the way, I thought that the rating label was sorta funny. All it said was "R. SOME VIOLENCE." I was like, "..........................SOME violence?!?!?!?!" :P



Ahhhhh. Now that I have //officially// finished my say about this (at least for now..................) we can move on. Yay, right? :D 
And of COURSE this one gets.................


FIVE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS!





Have you read The Hobbit? What was your favorite part? Have you ever seen the movies? Who is your favorite character?



And just for fun...............


Image result for the hobbit memes


Image result for the hobbit memes


Related image






































Y'all are probably tired of memes now, aren't you? (like that could ever happen) So for a change, a gif:


Related image


So long for now! Keep on adventuring!









4 comments:

  1. AMEN to all of this! (And those memes, so relatable!)

    But NOOOOOOOO WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE????? IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!! sorry, don’t look over here, of course I’m not crying.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I think the funniest one was the "get him a pony" one. That hit me just right when I first saw it. :D

      And I KNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! NOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!! *fangirl problems* Don't be ashamed to cry--they're worth crying over!!!

      Delete

A post with book memes :D

Sup y'all! So maybe today was not a good day for you. Maybe you were easily frustrated, maybe nothing seemed to work, and maybe-just-...