Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Two Towers (Lord of the Rings #2)

Image result for the two towers book  Sauron's forces increase.
The Ringwraiths return in an even more frightening form.
Saruman's army of Uruk Hai are ready to launch an assault against Aragorn and the people of Rohan. Yet, the Fellowship is broken and Boromir is dead. For the little hope that is left, Frodo and Sam march on into Mordor, unprotected.
A new number of allies join with Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Merry, and Pippin. And they must defend Rohan and attack Isengard. Yet, while all this is going on, Sauron's troops mass toward the City of Gondor, for the War of the Ring is about to begin.



^^^ THAT BOOK COVER. OHMIGOSH.  FANGIRL PROBLEMS.
Anyway, what I liked!
Faramir and Eowyn. Ok, so some people don't like Eowyn for her "flirting" with Aragorn (even though she supposedly knew he and Arwen were basically engaged), but she and Faramir are soooooo cute! (ESPECIALLY IN THE MOVIES)
And of course there's the obvious likes: the plot, the drama, the characters, etc. etc. etc. J.R.R. Tolkien was such a great writer! What's not to love about his books? :D

Once again.....
Nothing! At all! 

:D :D :D :D :D 



Again, only some battles and the like. Also, Denethor was too depressed for his own good. (As clearly shown in the book and also the movies.)



There is no other possible rating to give this one...

Five stars in a heartbeat!!!


Have you read The Two Towers? What was your favorite part? Who was your favorite character? Have you read anything else by J.R.R. Tolkien? If so, what was it and how did you like it?
(P.S. If I forgot to mention any other awesome parts, don't hesitate to let me know in the comments section below! :D)






5 comments:

  1. AAAAHHH YES THIS BOOK IS ALSO AMAZING!!!!

    Interesting. My Caps Lock seems to break whenever I talk about this book . . . ;)

    Anyways, great review again, Lacy! And I agree, Denethor is too depressed for his own good.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Nicole! Treacherous Caps Lock! :D
    Thank you! I'm glad you like my reviews as much as I like doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather gifted me the Lotr series.. :) This has been on my TBR pile ! Guess I should start reading them soon! :D
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Yes, you should read them as soon as you can. You will fall in love with them!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

A post with book memes :D

Sup y'all! So maybe today was not a good day for you. Maybe you were easily frustrated, maybe nothing seemed to work, and maybe-just-...